Jiří Málek received his Ph.D. degree from Inst. Chem. Technology, Pardubice in 1986. In 2000 he was awarded Dr.Sc. degree from the Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague. He spent two years as a visiting researcher at the NIMS in Tsukuba, Japan, two years at University of Seville, Spain and one year at the Polytechnic University of Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain.
He is currently professor in Physical Chemistry at University of Pardubice. His research interests cover many topics in Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry being specialized in kinetics of nucleation-growth processes, structural relaxation and visco-elastic behavior of non-crystalline materials and highly supercooled glass-forming liquids, with more than 200 papers published.
He is a fellow of Engineering Academy of the Czech Republic, former President of the University of Pardubice, member of the scientific board of the Czech Science Foundation and national councillor of International Confederation for Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry.
- 2002: Professor of Physical chemistry, University of Pardubice
- 2000: DrSc., in Inorganic chemistry, Inst. Chem. Technol., Prague
- 1997: Associate professor, Technology of inorganic materials, University of Pardubice
- 1986: CSc. (equivalent of Ph.D.), Inst. Chem. Technol., Pardubice
- 1982: MEng., Inst. Chem. Technol., Pardubice
- Papers published in SCI journals: 163
- Citation counts (SCI): 5375 (4287 without self-citations)
- Citations per paper: 22.87
- h-index: 33
*Web of Science, Citation Report: Author=(malek j) AND Address=(pardubice or sevilla or tsukuba or osaka or terrassa)
Telephone: +420 46 603 7045