Jiří Málek received his Ph.D. degree from the Inst. of Chem. Technology, Pardubice in 1986. In 2000 he was awarded Dr.Sc. degree from the Institute of Chemical Technology in Prague. He spent two years as a visiting researcher at the NIMS in Tsukuba, Japan, two years at the University of Seville, Spain, and one year at the Polytechnic University of Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain.
He is currently a professor in Physical Chemistry at the University of Pardubice. His research interests cover many topics in Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry, specializing in the kinetics of nucleation-growth processes, structural relaxation, and visco-elastic behavior of non-crystalline materials and highly supercooled glass-forming liquids, with more than 200 papers published.
He is a fellow of the Engineering Academy of the Czech Republic, former President of the University of Pardubice, member of the scientific board of the Czech Science Foundation, and national councilor of the International Confederation for Thermal Analysis and Calorimetry.
- 2002: Professor of Physical Chemistry, University of Pardubice
- 2000: DrSc., in Inorganic Chemistry, Inst. Chem. Technol., Prague
- 1997: Associate professor, Technology of Inorganic Materials, University of Pardubice
- 1986: CSc. (equivalent of Ph.D.), Inst. Chem. Technol., Pardubice
- 1982: MEng., Inst. Chem. Technol., Pardubice
- Papers published in SCI journals: 206
- Citation counts (SCI): 7077 (5877 without self-citations)
- Citations per paper: 34.35
- h-index: 38
Web of Science Categories
- CHEMISTRY PHYSICAL: 106 papers, 5482 times cited
- THERMODYNAMICS: 90 papers, 4683 times cited
- CHEMISTRY ANALYTICAL: 88 papers, 4669 time cited
*Web of Science, Citation Report: Author=(malek j) AND Address=(pardubice or sevilla or tsukuba or osaka or terrassa)
Telephone: +420 46 603 7045